Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Figueroa Family Woodworkers In Alamos, Sonora



We have been on the road recently in Arizona
(the more guns, less wi-fi state)
but I hope to get on a more regular posting schedule and...

...I was happy to meet Nemesisio Figueroa,
 who is part of a woodworking family here in Alamos.


He and his brothers have a compound where they practice their craft.


Above is his son, Jesus, who is putting a finish sealer 
on a mesquite window and frame.


And the window unit.


They had photos of this amazing mesquite desk.

I took photos of the photos.


They work with mesquite a lot
 and the carved feet seem to be their trademark.


On the worktable the day I was there were these picture frames 
and a 4 brick form for making fired bricks.

  
You may have seen these doors
 as I just showed them in a post I did February 12th:


They were built by one of Nemesio's brothers.

I never get tired of showing these photos 
as they show such a high degree of woodworking ability.


This shows more of the shop space.

What beautiful work comes out of this shop.