Monday, December 13, 2010

Murals In Truth Or Consequences, New Mexico



I would like to expand a bit the definition
 of alternative building to include murals.


The first three photos show the White Coyote Cafe.


The quirky little town of Truth or Consequences, New Mexico has a lot of artists 
and it is great to see that some of them are staying busy painting on buildings...


...and a community that shows a lot of public art 
also shows a lot of pride.


These next two photos are on what I think 
is the old high school and now houses city offices.


They are beautifully done
 and every time I go by them I look up in amazement.


These next two are behind a storefront on the main drag 
and you only see them from the alley.


Not everybody would decorate the rear of their store this nice.


Lastly we have a hot springs,
 which of course is what T. or C. is all about.

For more on T. or C. see my post from November 11th on More Color.