Thursday, June 24, 2010

Door Handles And Latches



Door handles are a great place to play, be whimsical, 
and use up some scrap material.



This very cool door is in Alamos, Sonora.


 These handles I made using a jig to make the bends. 
The handle part is four pieces of cherry, two in each half, 
glued together in the desired curve. 
Once the glue dries the pieces will hold the shape.
 Thin brass rod is used to  pin everything together.


Different door, same kind of handle.


We ran across these fish at the Albuquerque Aquarium.


Some of you may remember this from my post on Doors We Have Seen.
This is at Breitenbush Hot Springs in Oregon.


You can see the whole door at the post I did on June 11, Andrew's Doors.


I thought this was a great idea from Rob Stout.
 For more on Rob check out my post on June 15th,




I almost forgot to throw in this door from Alamos, Sonora.
Alamos is a wealth of material for me when it comes to architectural detail.
Check out the label on Building in Mexico on the sidebar for more.