Saturday, March 6, 2010

Free Form Wood


We are back in New Mexico and as I am looking over what to do
 for the next posting I am distressed that I don't have more on wood
 to write about, but hey I guess that comes with living in the desert 
southwest and traveling in Mexico.



 I promise in the future I will look for more on wood. 
But for now...


Breitenbush Hot Springs in western Oregon
 has lots of beautiful use of free form wood.


This is definitely wood country.


This roof has a graceful sweep to it.


This gate and its frame are in Alamos, Sonora and lead to the home
 I featured in Fixer Upper in Alamos on February 15th.


The frame came from a dead mesquite
 and was made by owner  Steven Williams.


I have featured work by Jim at Gila Hot Springs Ranch
 ( near the Gila Cliff Dwellings ) in the past but any
 mention of wood and I think of his work.


All of his work is from found objects.


Last but not least we saw this walking around Alamos.