Friday, May 13, 2011

Tying Rebar



Since metal reinforcement is so important to structural concrete
I wanted to inspire all of those who may have to tie rebar 
for their next project.



These first five photos are from a large bridge project
 in San Carlos, Sonora that I covered in the posts:


I found the rebar work to have a beautiful, sculptural quality to it.


Once the concrete is poured it won't be seen again,
if they did the job right.




The next time you have to pour a footer
 think how complicated it could be.


These last two photos are a completely different type of project.

What is interesting to me is that the rebar is tied together every 8" to 10",
where as when we do footers the rebar is seldom tied together,
similar to the way we seldom ever put blocking in our wood framing 
even though it greatly improves the strength requiring less lumber.


For more on this see my posts: